Recently we asked our Tea Consultants to share some of the creative ways they use our tea. We received some wonderful and creative ideas like beauty scrubs and iced fruit infusions. Today we're featuring Jasmine Pearl Rice by Tea Consultant Nancy L. from Florida. We thought this idea in particular sounded so good due to its sheer “why didn't I think of that” factor, so we decided to try it!
Nancy told us, “When I brew tea for cooking, like the Jasmine Pearl for rice, I steep as usual except I make it a little stronger by using more tea than if I was drinking it. I'm substituting the water in the recipe for the brewed tea.” The combination of light fluffy rice with the delicate taste of the jasmine was the perfect pairing. See our walkthrough below and try it yourself!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Tea Queens Jasmine Pearl green tea
- One cup of your favorite rice
- Two cups of water
- Heat the two cups of water to 180°F and brew a strong cup of Jasmine Pearl green tea for three minutes (we used our Automatic Tea Brewer and two scoops of tea using a Perfect Pot of Tea Spoon).
- Follow your favorite rice's cooking instructions, substituting water with your strong Jasmine Pearl brew.
- After your rice finishes cooking, fluff with a fork and serve. We garnished the top of our bowl with an unfurled tea pearl for extra flair!